Just go with ZUGO
If you have never been to Venice but always wanted to visit the city of lakes, you can now do that in India as well. Udaipur is widely known as the Venice of our country because of the lakes and lovely atmosphere. This gorgeous city in Rajasthan is known for great history and cultural background. You will not just experience the period of Rajputs here but also see some modern architecture in the mix. Udaipur is a perfect combination of history, art and vintage put together with calm water bodies. This is no less than Venice, and you must visit it once. If you are planning a trip to Udaipur soon, here are some places you should see:
1. City Palace– The City Palace was made by Maharana Mirza Singh in 1559. It is situated on the banks of the popular Pichola Lake. The Palace will take you back in time and show you the true beauty of the European, Chinese and Medieval architecture. The Palace is a house for 11 other magnificent palaces, which were made by different rulers. You cannot miss out on this place!
2. Lake Pichola – Since we spoke about the City Palace, we had to mention Lake Pichola. This manmade beauty was constructed in the 1362 AD. In the 16th century, the lake was further extended by Rana Udai Singh II. It is surrounded by hills, temples, sunsets and so much more. This is one of the best tourist attractions in the city.
3. Bagoreki Haveli – Close to the Pichola Lake, this royalty was made in the 18th century by the great Amir Chand Badwa. This was later converted into a lavish museum to show the culture and history of Mewar. The antique collection, vintage beauty, jewellery boxes, and architecture will leave you stunned.
4. Monsoon Palace (also known as SajjanGarh) – If you love natural beauty, you will love the SajjanGarh. This small palace has one of the best sunset views you will ever experience in your life. It was constructed in 1884 by MaharanaSajjan. Although the palace is not maintained properly, you will enjoy the authenticity of this place.
5. Kumbhalgarh Fort – Built in the 15th century, this fort is well-known as it is the birthplace of the Kind of Mewar – MaharanaPratap. This is one of the strongest forts ever to stand in Rajasthan and was quite challenging to build. The Palace also has the 2nd longest wall in the entire world after the popular Great Wall of China. You cannot miss this fort when you are on tour in Udaipur. It will not only take you back in time but also show you the greatness and brilliance of architecture in our country.
Udaipur might not sound like the typical fun tourist holiday spot, but if you want to experience some real beauty in the country, this is one place you cannot miss out on.
So, pack your bags, arrange a road trip with your close ones and head to Udaipur to enjoy the royalty of India.
Explore the city with Zugo!
Explore the colours of royalty in Udaipur with the comfortable services of Zugo car rentals.While you travel from one royal location of Udaipur to another, getting cramped in the crowded public transport or adjusting in a local taxi does seem to spoil the fun. Enjoy your comfortable rides around the city of Udaipur with lavish cabs from Zugo.When you book a ride with any of the other local cab service in Udaipur,you only get to track your cab, but when you make your booking with Zugo, ‘break-ups’ of the final fare along with pictures of the interior of your cab are displayed so that you know what you are opting for. Zugo outstation is best suited for road trips as well. So, enjoy your travel diaries in Udaipur with car rental services from Zugo in and around the city.